Mission & Project Information
Art$Pay connects visual art practitioners with opportunities, community, and advocates for fair pay.
Art$Pay is an in-depth tool for the visual arts sector, focusing on employment, marketing, education, professional development and public awareness. The launch of this new not-for profit initiative on November 22nd 2016 marks the beginning of a new conversation with the public; one centred on value, fair compensation and opportunities.
Developing an online resource and directory provides a conduit for the public and other sectors to art, education, information and a wide range of services and skills currently not easily accessed or well publicized. The goal is to make others' projects, efforts and events easier and more successful by providing the information necessary to plan and negotiate business transactions.
Green is the colour of the Art$Pay logo - the colour renewal, energy, vitality, associated with growth, harmony, freshness and prosperity.
- Lizz DiCesare - The Kitchener and Waterloo Community Foundation "Creating Meaningful Connections for Artists"
- Make It Kitchener Blog "Art$Pay Invests in a Vibrant Community"
- Crissy Wright - Waterloo Region Manufacturing Innovation Network "Hire an Artist!"
- Explore Waterloo Region "Art$Pay - Find Local Art, Artists, Skills, Services and Information"
- Kitchener and Waterloo - CBC News … "How can Waterloo Region improve its arts and culture scene?"