ART$PAY ARTISTS – CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The Centre In The Square Art Rental Program
For the Aug.1 to Dec. 30, 2018 five month rental period
Deadline for Submissions - Tuesday June 12 end of day
All Applicants Notified - Tuesday July 3
Art Delivery - July 29 from 4-7pm & July 30 from 9 am-Noon
Art Install - July 30
Tear-down - Dec. 30/18
Art Pickup - Dec. 30/18 and Jan. 2/19; times to be arranged
The Centre In The Square, 101 Queen Street North, Kitchener
APPLICANT & ARTWORK ELIGIBILTY
1. Applicants must be paid-up Art$Pay members at the time of submission and rental period
2. Visit www.artspay.org for membership benefits, terms and to become a member
3. Each member may submit for every rental period
4. Original artwork, including limited edition work having 10 or less copies visibly signed and numbered
5. Work submitted must be available for that rental period and delivered ‘exhibition-ready’
6. A sample Artist Rental Agreement can be found in the Directory under Art Rental.
A CITS Agreement specific to each rental period will be provided to the selected artists.
Deadline is end of day Tuesday June 12 by email to email@example.com
Only complete submissions received by deadline will be considered.
1. Email subject: “(Your Full Name) - CITS Art Rental Submission”
2. Your full name, phone(s), email and website address in the body. Specify your preferred contact info
for sales enquiries to be posted on art labels.
3. Up to (10) ten good quality jpg images of eligible original recent artwork
If the images will exceed 2 MB, please upload your images to Dropbox, Google Drive or another filesharing service and provide a link in the body of your submission email. Contact AP for help. If art work is framed, that image may be requested if not included in the submission.
4. An image list, in this order: title, year, medium(s) specified, if the work is framed or unframed and those corresponding dimensions in inches, price for each piece including all taxes and commissions. Include any special display considerations. Include your full name if an attachment. Please number your image filenames to correspond with your image list.
1. Images may be used by CITS and Art$Pay for promotional purposes.
2. Artists agree to pay 20% commission back to Art$Pay on all sales at the closing of the rental period, and on any sales or commissions received as a result of this opportunity for up to 30 days afterwards, payable when payment is received. The artist receives all rental income and 80% of any sales.
3. All applicants will be notified by email by or on Tuesday July 3/ 18. The Artist Agreement will be attached for successful applicants, with a deadline for return.
4. Selected AP members are eligible to apply for future CITS art rental periods.
1. The CITS is a supportive private client paying 4% per month of the total ‘regular’ value to rent your art work for display, a different scenario from a public exhibition.
2. The CITS produces art labels and AP signage mounted beside each displayed work, and to draw attention to your work, the AP video at www.artspay.org is projected during certain performances in the 2000 seat plus capacity hall.
3. Sales enquiries are directed to the artist contact info on the art label. Sold work must remain in place until the end of the rental period. The artist notifies AP of any sold work by title and price. AP will arrange for a red dot to be placed on the label.
4. CITS will arrange for the artist to have an on-site consultation as necessary for a prospective buyer but the CITS is not open for general viewing of the rented work.
5. This partnership project is part of an important AP educational initiative on fair pay for artists, and that paying a small rental fee rent is just one of many better alternatives to free exposure. Please do not reduce or inflate your art prices.
1. What about sales and AP commissions?
The 20% pre-tax commission on sales and booked art commissions payable to AP on the ‘honour system’ helps to keep the project going, growing and generates future opportunities for members. All rental income goes to the artist. Each artist handles their own financial transactions and deliveries of sold work. Installments and other arrangements are up your decision. Helpful information on getting paid and other business arrangements are posted on the Art Practice Basics page under TOOLBOX .
2. What does AP do?
An artist-run, non-profit organization, Art$Pay connects visual art practitioners with opportunities, community, and advocates for fair pay. The $35 annual member fee pays another practitioner to work on members’ behalf to do postings, website maintenance and communications.
Member benefits includes access to display equipment at member rates, a Discount Card for use at Curry’s Artist’s Materials, Chapters Waterloo, THEMUSEUM, ZM Cycle & Fitness, Open Sesame and more, free art critique sessions in public galleries with paid professional art experts, curated art rental opportunities including The Centre In The Square, juried exhibitions and sales organized for members, notifications of posted jobs and Calls, subsidized workshops, monthly Meet-ups with organized Artist Talks, and other benefits at www.artspay.org .
3. Who selects the work, plans and installs the displays?
The client’s representative, with help from other hired AP professional(s) as needed.
4. Other questions?
Please contact Cathy Farwell, AP Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org